1212 University Avenue
Please join us to recognize the outstanding work of Kōkua Mau and the presentation of the 2018 Mitsuo Aoki Community Service Award to Jeannette Kojane, Kōkua Mau’s own Executive Director.
12:00-12:15 Welcome and Prayer
12:16-12:30 2018 Mits Aoki Legacy Foundation Community Service Award
12:31-1:00 Buffet Luncheon
1:01-2:00 Panel Discussion: Our Care Our Choice
2:00-2:30 Q & A
Dr. Aoki’s work focused on holistic healing and end-of-life care. With that in mind, the Panel Discussion “Our Care, Our Choice” will explore how this new state law will allow individuals who are terminally ill, under specific circumstances, to request medications which will give them the choice to die on their own terms.
Our Care, Our Choice Panelists:
- Sister Joan Chatfield, M.M., Ph.D., Moderator:
- Jeannette Kojane, M.P.H., Executive Director, Kōkua Mau
- Rae Seitz, M.D., Palliative Care Physician
- Clarence Liu, M.A., M.Div., Hospice Chaplain
- Alan Gamble, D.C.S.W., L.C.S.W.
The buffet luncheon will be sponsored by the Mits Aoki Legacy Foundation.