The VA healthcare system can be overwhelming. This webinar will examine your role in helping veterans and their loved ones navigate the system in a simple way. You’ll learn about the resources available for support services staff, how to access them, and how to move the veteran and family toward a positive end-result.
The presentation will review key areas, including tools for shared decision-making: worksheets for veterans and caregivers; locating services and resources that provide care; Family Caregiver Navigator; eldercare services; caregiver wellness and support; and an advance care planning process. Your support can make a difference to veterans and families during the difficult end-of-life journey.
- Identify the location of available long-term services
- Geriatric Patient Aligned Care Team (GeriPACT)
- Support services for shared decision-making
- Types of advance care planning
- Caregiver resources
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKITSample worksheets and handouts for veterans and caregivers
- Updates on Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center
- Useful websites