Every hospice faces challenges when a patient’s continued eligibility becomes unclear. Simultaneous functions are underway, including providing care, eligibility assessment, and consideration of possible discharge planning. Without a clear process, the situation quickly becomes muddled. How can you accomplish it all, meet the patient/family needs, and preserve payment? This webinar will explore those issues and provide a helpful tool to guide you through the process.
- Regulations and policies related to discharging patients who are no longer eligible
- Best process and framework for discharge planning
- Clinical assessments and documentation supporting discharge
- Case studies to improve process consistency
- Actions of a Prudent Hospice™
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Live discharges tool – which exit door is being taken?
- Live discharge audit forms
- Sample policies
- The process steps when eligibility is not so clear
- Supporting eligibility framework
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for clinical leaders, compliance officers and managers, IDG staff members, QAPI personnel, and education managers.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.