Includes complimentary CEUs*
*This web seminar is approved for AoTA contact hours in addition to CEUs approved for all ASA web seminars
Creating safer communities for people living with dementia requires collaboration between law enforcement, local governments and health and human service organizations. In this session, Jessica Empeño of Alzheimer’s San Diego will share lessons learned through one such partnership, and offer attendees interested in working with local law enforcement departments and first responder units practical strategies for outreach, training and collaboration.
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Describe the elements of a successful community safety collaborative that supports the needs of people living with dementia;
- Identify four key dementia-specific training needs of law enforcement and first responders;
- Understand the risks faced by persons with dementia who live alone;
- Identify key roles of EMS in the visitor program; and,
- Understand how people are referred to the EMS Visitor Program.