The hospice industry’s recent growth has led to increased Medicare reimbursements, drawing recent CMS scrutiny. Concerns about fraud and abuse, and potential for audits and extrapolation leading to significant take-backs, have caught many hospice providers off-guard. False Claims Act litigation threats are motivating hospice providers to operate differently, educate staff, and be prepared to respond to ADR requests, recoupment demands, and more. This webinar will address legal and regulatory challenges, OIG target areas, fraud investigations, common audit issues, and strategies to identify and remedy noncompliance.
- Why hospice scrutiny is rising and likely to increase
- How certain operational practices and relationships can draw extra attention
- Importance of a corporate compliance program
- Training areas that warrant ongoing education
- Importance of physician signatures
- Need for a clearly defined ADR response process
- When to retain counsel
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample ADR response policy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for administrators, medical directors, compliance officers, nurses, billing staff, owners, and management.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.