Managing expectations is a process of helping people know how to be right and when to be satisfied. In hospice and home care settings, patients and their families are often under tremendous stress. People may not be at their best. How can you manage unrealistic expectations in a respectful way?
For caregivers, the personal rewards of providing health care services are closely linked to the quality of relationships developed with clients and their families. How can you create a positive experience for every client, even when time is limited? Learn to strategically focus on two things that almost every person wants and understand the key driver of client satisfaction. Attend this session to learn and appreciate how you make a difference, even in brief relationships.
- Save the cat – what you can learn from screenwriters about inspiring trust and confidence
- Creating realistic expectations for clients and their families
- The key driver of client satisfaction
- Three ways to respond to unrealistic expectations
- How to create rapport, even with limited time
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist for staff training and pre-hires
- Five-step process for helping clients self-prioritize needs
- Emotional needs identification template
- Self-assessment: Do you communicate or connect?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit anyone who provides client care, and leaders responsible for helping staff handle client encounters in a responsive, respectful way.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.