HAH engaged in all types of advocacy this year to assist and support its members during COVID-19.
- Requested and tracked Medicare and Medicaid waivers allowing members more flexibility to operate under pandemic conditions.
- Created a member portal on the HAH website for members to easily access critical and helpful information regarding the pandemic.
- Represented HAH members during the extended legislative session.
- Hosted a weekly video teleconference call for healthcare leaders, featuring Lt. Governor Josh Green and President and CEO Hilton Raethel.
- Worked with state government partners to ensure that HAH members were represented on issues that included surveys and inspections, PPE supplies, workforce needs, and other critical needs during the pandemic.
- Provided important timely information on rapidly changing regulatory requirements.
- Secured the Battelle Decontamination System for Hawaii so that local health providers could sterilize N95 masks needed to protect healthcare workers.
- Facilitated discussions on patient transfers, COVID-19 testing, visitation, and communication among HAH members to represent the continuum of care and help provide the best quality of services possible during this difficult time.