The following is the Healthcare Association of Hawaii’s 2017 Legislative Package
Priority – Support:
- Hospital Sustainability – Reauthorize the hospital sustainability program by extending the sunset provision as long as the program remains in a form that is acceptable to HAH hospital members.
- Nursing Facility Sustainability – Reauthorize the nursing facility sustainability program by extending the sunset provision as long as the program remains in a form that is acceptable to HAH long-term care members.
- Medicaid Annual Inflation Adjustment for Long-Term Care Facilities – Secure funding for an annual adjustment for inflation in Medicaid reimbursements for long term care services in the governor’s two-year budget (fiscal years 2018 and 2019.)
- Waitlisted Patients – Provide a medically-complex add-on payment for long-term care facilities to care for patients with complicated needs, such as behavioral health issues.
- Clean Claims – Pursue clarifying language for the clean claims statute to ensure that acute care hospitals are covered under the protections provided by this law.